I found this great post, and thought I’d repost it here:
s it just me, or does it seem as if anything the Mccain campaign accuses Obama of, Mccain or Palin have done either before, more, or worse?
A short list:
• Mccain campaign accuses Obama of being a celebrity elitist. Obama = 1 hybrid SUV + 1 House, while Mccain = 13+ cars and 7 houses. Also, RNC spends $150,000 at places like Saks & Neiman Marcus to dress up hockey mom Sarah “Barbie” Palin.
• Mccain criticizes Obama’s ties to Acorn hypes the voter registration fraud. John McCain paid $175,000 of campaign money to the firm of Nathan Sproul, a Republican operative accused of massive voter registration fraud in several states.
• Mccain accuses Obama and the MSM of invading Joe the Plumber’s privacy, yet Mccain is the one who thrust this Republican plant into the national spotlight by mentioning him twenty some odd times in the last debate, and hasn’t stopped mentioning him since.
• Mccain campaign and surrogates in their guilt by association argument has faulted Obama for having served on that Annenberg board with Ayers, who was a founding member of the radical 60’s Weather Underground group when Obama was in grade school. The wife of the founding member of that board, Leonore Annenberg, just happens to be one of Mccain’s top 100 contributors.
• Mccain accuses Obama of flip flopping his support between the two teams in the Baseball World Series, yet it was Palin, with albeit a far more limited vocabulary, threw her support for the “underdog” Boston Red Sox, Philly, and Tampa bay in the last couple weeks (thanks to the folks at Comedy Central for researching and finding that one. Way to go you liberal mainstream media channel!- LOL).
• Mccain campaign criticizes Obama’s association with his now former pastor the Reverend Jeremiah Wright. Video surfaces of Sarah Palin being blessed by the witch hunting Bishop Muthee.
• Palin accuses Obama of “palling around with terrorists.” We then discover Todd & Sarah’s ties to domestic terrorism. The first dude was a card carrying member of the Alaska Independence Party, until 2002 and didn’t Sarah Palin record the welcoming speech for their 2008 convention. In the speech, she said “I share your party’s vision of upholding the constitution of our great state… So I say good luck on a successful and inspiring convention. Keep up the good work, and God bless you.” Mccain’s own associations are also questionable: Gordon Liddy, Dr. Anthony Bouscaren, Charles Keating, Leonela Annenberg,
• Mccain accuses Obama of ‘phoning in’ his response to the economic crisis on the weekend after the first debate. Yet, we find out that although he was in Washington that weekend, McCain himself was phoning in his response to the crisis.
• Mccain questions Obama’s purchase of a house in Chicago and his association with Tony Rezko. Sarah & Todd Palin get their house built for free by Todd’s buddies who built the Wasilla Sports Complex when she was Mayor.
I could go on, and on, and on (e.g. Mccain’s own ties to Fannie Mae-Rick Davis, etc…), but you get the point. It’s pretty sad when these Mccain diversions from discussing the real issue — The Economy – have become the substance of his campaign.
[see the original post at http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TEMO323D3V9LMV79D/post316 ]